Thank you for choosing North Canyon Medical Center for your surgical needs. Quality, safety, and excellence are top priority for the surgical staff. We are dedicated to ensuring that your visit is as comfortable as possible.
For your own safety and protection, you will not be allowed to drive after surgery when sedation, nerve block, or general anesthesia has been administered.
Prior to surgery, you should:
- Arrange for an adult to drive you home.
- Plan to have someone with you for several hours after you have returned home.
The Day of Surgery
We understand that surgery can be a frightening experience for the patient and family. Rest assured! Our staff will provide a warm, caring setting to help ease any anxiety.
On the day of your surgery:
- Leave your jewelry and valuables at home.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Bring your insurance card(s).
- Bring a current list of all medications you take.
- Arrive at the scheduled time.
Patients recover in a private recovery room where family will be allowed at the bedside. Time in the recovery room will be determined by the procedure performed and the time each individual patient requires to recover from anesthesia.
As the patient nears discharge, the nurse and physician will provide detailed post-operative instructions. It is important to follow these instructions to facilitate the recovery process.
If your have any questions or concerns, please call the hospital at (208) 934-4433 ext. 1189.